Monday, February 20, 2006

Hospitals.....

After heading out to "enquire" as to why the damned system won't let me book my car lessons, a HOTD 4 game (still having troubles getting past stage 3. Need more training, I guess).

Then, once I reached home, all tired and stuff, I was about to start work on learning Karaoke effects, when the phone rang.

We are going to meet Joelson at SGH.

Some how, (after some persuation to get my lazy ass out of my house) I tossed food into my mouth and some how, made it to Simei by 7:14.

And (as usual :P), the girls were late. It was my first time meeting Fengzhi this year, and she still looked great, despite looking rather tired and overworked.

Still hanging on, like everyone else. Hehe.

Keith came on board later (without noticing us. Rofl), and we made out way to SGH.

When we arrived at the correct ward and the correct bed, we saw Joelson.

Who was in a pretty bad shape.

Appartently, he fell down, which hurt his spine. Then, he was forced to carry like 16KG (or was it 30? :O) and march. Of course, to those who are uninjured, 30kg is like...nah (or is it? Ask yourself).

But to one who has an injury, that is seriously bad.

Result? He can't stand up right now, and his muscles kept twitching uncontrollablely. The doctors said that they will check up on him again tomorrow as they have not really confirmed what had happened.

Man, it seriously was bad. But, he seems cheerful enough to talk about his NS life, at least.

Hopefully, he gets better soon.

I think he will.

And hell, I'm tired.
---

Singnet and not keeping customers

So, right now, Singnet has this pretty nice plan, 3.5mbit at $47 a month. $88 for a 10mbit plan

Sounds like an absolute steal, right ($58.80 for a Starhub 2mbit plan)?

Wrong.

Why?

Simple. Existing 512kps are paying THE SAME AMOUNT AS A 3.5MBIT. Over in the SGSB forums, the existing customers (especially those who had recently renewed their contract) are swearing their asses off. This isn't like a fantastic upgrade offer where free gifts (Xbox 360..:D~~) are thrown in. This is basically slashing prices.

Way to go, Singnet, because after your 512kbps customers' contracts expire, expect them to defect to Starhub. Of course, the ones whose contract expires soon will be cheering.

As will people who have Starhub connections. Singnet has made their move, now to see Starhub. Ultimately, the company wins, because they will get more new customers. Maybe it's time for me to hit 10mbit download speeds too (Yeah. Right. 1mbit and I'll be surprised, although I did hit 5mbit last week when I was downloading SnS 19 RAW. Hoping for a repeat this week. :o)

And the old ones loses.

Oh well. Business. Hell with the customers?

Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home